Professional Air Duct Cleaning in Birmingham AL
Air Duct Cleaning Services
Did you know that the inside of your duct system can be a breeding ground for microbes, insects, rodents, dirt, dust, debris and plenty of other unpleasant things that no one should live with? Southern Home Services can help you by performing a certified professional air duct cleaning and sealing. Whether you just invested in a new, high efficiency heating and air conditioning system or you have an older existing system, you should consider air duct cleaning. A professional duct cleaning and sealing can result in a cleaner, more dust-free indoor living environment. Our inspection will allow us to check the ductwork thoroughly and clean the hardest, deepest and darkest areas of your duct and our agitator brushes and powerful vacuum system guarantee that your home will be a cleaner environment. Once the ducts are cleaned, we use a fogger to release antimicrobial solution into the duct in order to properly sanitize it from the inside.
Air Duct Cleaning
We deploy advanced air duct cleaning technology with the only self-contained method that simultaneously brushes and vacuums debris. Dirt is brushed loose inside the air duct and immediately swept up by powerful dual vacuums. Air Duct Cleaning – Step by Step:
- Removal and cleaning of registers
- Technician cleans supply vents all the way to the air handler
- Dirt and debris is brushed, collected and swept up by the dual vacuum system
- Optimum coverage is ensured as technician works back through the system, overlapping much of the ductwork
- Vacuum attachment topically cleans inside the air handler
- Air handler fan is turned on and antimicrobial treatment is fogged into cold air return
- Fan circulates treatment deep into the system
According to the EPA, if you have a ducted heating and cooling system, the ducts should be cleaned every three to five years. The EPA ranks indoor air pollution among the top five health risks.
97% of homes have indoor air quality issues. Dirty coils and ducts use as much as 30% more energy than clean ones.